DALLAS, TEXAS – Jan. 13, 2016— Heroes for Children – a unique nonprofit that provides financial and social assistance to families with a child battling cancer – has announced its 2016 board of directors. The board will guide strategy and initiatives for the organization to ensure that no family with a child battling cancer fights alone.
Executive Director and Co-Founder: Larissa Linton
2016 Executive Board of Directors:
Chairman of the Board: Britton Sudduth
Vice Chairman of the Board: Thor Hoppess
Secretary: Kim Bannister
Treasurer: Tyler Rudd
2016 Board of Directors:
Co-Founder: Jenny Dowen
Stan Goldman M.D.
2016 Advisory Board – Dallas
Linda Armstrong Kelly
Suzanne Bock Grishman
Mary Martha Pickens
2016 Advisory Board – Houston
Mary Lou Kiley Seattone
Alissa S. Maples
Heroes for Children relies on the leadership of the board of directors to help alleviate families’ worries, giving them comfort and a brief respite from the everyday challenges of fighting cancer through the organization and execution of the following events and programs:
· Heroes and Handbags luxury handbag auction and luncheon is hosted each spring in Dallas and Houston.
· Golf tournament is played annually in the Dallas and Houston areas.
· Heart of Gold 5K and Fun Run is held in the Dallas area each September in honor of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
· Hold’em for Heroes poker tournament is played each fall in Austin, Dallas and Houston.
· Movie Day treats families served by Heroes for Children to a day at the movies – including fun-filled games, prizes and sweet treats.
· Holiday Heroes offers full holiday joy to the families it serves throughout the year. Each holiday season, social workers choose families in need from hospitals across the state of Texas served by Heroes for Children. Families selected for the program are “adopted” and receive gifts for the entire family.
· Laptops for Love donates new laptops to teenagers battling cancer. This unique program provides teens with a link to the outside world while undergoing cancer treatment and allows them to keep up with their schoolwork while away from the classroom.
About Heroes for Children
Heroes for Children is a unique nonprofit organization that provides financial and social assistance to families battling childhood cancer. Since 2005, Heroes for Children has helped alleviate families’ worries, giving them comfort and a brief respite from the everyday challenges of fighting cancer and care giving. Since its inception, more than $5.5 million has been given to 4,200 families in need. To learn more about Heroes for Children, please visit http://www.heroesforchildren.org.
News Provided By: Submit Press Release 123
The above review statements are those of the sponsor (Source of content) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position or views of the content publisher. The content distribution company is therefore not responsible for the content and its authenticity and legal standing of the above subject matter. Each individual is required to exercise its content when making a purchase from the above offer. The information does not constitute advice or an offer to buy. Any purchase made from the above press release is made at your own risk. Consult an expert advisor/health and professional advisor before any such purchase. Any purchase made from this link is subject to the final terms and conditions of the website's selling as mentioned in the above as source. The content publisher and its downstream distribution partners do not take any responsibility directly or indirectly. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the company this news is about.
DISCLAIMER of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR PR COMPANY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UPON WHICH ANY SUCH CLAIM IS BASED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AUDIO, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND VIDEOS, OR OF THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR LEGALITY OF ANY STATEMENT MADE IN OR OMITTED FROM ANY advertisement, sponsorship, endorsement, testimonial, opinion, or other product-related or service-related statement or review appearing in the Websites or in ANY post or article distributed via the Websites.