Understanding Your Roofing Contract Garland Roofing Company
Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex roofers discuss the important aspects of a roofing contract.Garland , TX, USA, 10/09/2018 / Story.KISSPR.com /
Dallas-Fort Worth roofing contractor, R2 Roof Guys, wants homeowners to understand all the important aspects of a roofing contract before they agree to it and allow roofing work to begin. It’s essential that there is a contract in place before roof repair or replacement, as it protects homeowners’ rights in case there is any problem with the project, the contractor, or the workmanship.
Always read the contract carefully and ask questions if there is anything you don’t understand or if you need clarifying. In addition to that, R2 Roof Guys recommends that you make sure that the contract has all of the following points:
- Proof of Insurance, Licensure, and Bonding – These aspects protect you, the homeowner, from liabilities for property or job-related injuries. It also lets you know that the contractor you have hired complies with industry standards in delivering their services. It’s not a bad idea to confirm the credentials with the appropriate organizations.
- Detailed Breakdown of Costs and Materials – Any estimate you receive should contain this information, but it should also be in the contract that you end up signing.
- Approximate Project Dates – While there may be uncontrollable issues that delay work, like bad weather, you need to know the schedule for the work being done. This schedule should include a detailed timeline of the work, as well as details about when and how contractors may enter your home.
- Payment Terms – This aspect of the contract should include the breakdown of when payments are expected. Typically, roofing contractors will expect a percentage down, before work begins. Be sure to withhold at least 10 percent of the total payment until a job is completed to satisfaction.
- Warranty – This aspect will protect you if there are workmanship errors or defective materials. Be sure that you discuss this thoroughly with your contractor to ensure that you avoid any conditions that may void the warranty.
- Termination Clause – This aspect will outline any particular situations in which you or your contractor may discontinue the project without penalty.
R2 Roof Guys – Your Texas Roofing Contractor
At R2Roof Guys, we always make sure that our clients understand their roofing contract completely. Let us help repair or replace your home’s roof with no hassles or surprises. In addition to roof repair and new roof installation, we offer roof inspections, aluminum gutter installation, turbine ventilator installation, and skylight installation. The R2 Roof Guys team is always available to help Dallas-Fort Worth residents with any roofing problem or project. Contact us today to get started at 214-238-9321.
Release ID: 12105