I don’t want to hear about CPMs. I don’t want to see your 137-page deck with your astute market analysis. I don’t want to hear how it’s going to take time for the ads to start working.
I definitely don’t want to hear from guru marketers, with your 10x promises, slicked-back hair, Ferrari videos, talking about how easy it all is if you just follow five simple steps.
None of this is easy.
It’s really hard. It’s hard to make a quality product. It’s hard to package that product, to ship it, to handle customer service issues. It’s hard to build a great website. It’s hard to attract good talent. It’s hard to raise capital. It’s hard to hold all of it together, align incentives, and keep driving for a vision.
And I strongly recommend not working with anyone who doesn’t respect those challenges. I’ve been an entrepreneur working with multiple agencies for fifteen years, and an agency owner for one. Spending that money on an agency, when it could be going to inventory, payroll, or your own pocket is so very scary, especially in the beginning. So what should you look for?
1. Contract length- People who believe in their services don’t force long contracts. They keep your business through value-added, not lawyers.
2. Who runs the account? If your calls are with a salesman at the beginning, and you get handed off to a 22-year-old right after you sign the agreement, you’re gonna have a bad time. Meet your account manager before signing.
3. Deliverables- Pay for deliverables, not hours. A good agency should have a plan that they execute every month that is clear, measurable, and drives results. If you’re wondering, “Is this working?”, it is not working.
4. Personal investment in you- It sounds cliche, but if they don’t care about you, it’s obvious. If every call feels like it’s a chore for them, if there are no original ideas, or if they are delivering nothing but jargon, you likely don’t matter to them. Find someone who cares.
5. Originality- If you look like everyone else and sound like everyone else, you’re just noise in the marketplace. A good agency makes sure that you stand out.
7. Vibe- An agency can be great and you can be great, but if you’re different flavors of great, you won’t get along or appreciate each other. Interview your agencies like your interview for a job and make sure it’s the right fit.
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WpzTFwDlNI
Spoken by Nick Palmisciano, Diesel Jack Media
Stacey D. Barker
Jade Umbrella, Principal
Email: [email protected]
The above review statements are those of the sponsor (Source of content) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position or views of the content publisher. The content distribution company is therefore not responsible for the content and its authenticity and legal standing of the above subject matter. Each individual is required to exercise its content when making a purchase from the above offer. The information does not constitute advice or an offer to buy. Any purchase made from the above press release is made at your own risk. Editorial merit of this content is subject to news publisher and its downstream partners. Consult an expert advisor/health and professional advisor before any such purchase. Any purchase made from this link is subject to the final terms and conditions of the website's selling as mentioned in the above as source. The content publisher and its downstream distribution partners do not take any responsibility directly or indirectly. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the company this news is about.
DISCLAIMER of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR PR COMPANY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UPON WHICH ANY SUCH CLAIM IS BASED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AUDIO, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND VIDEOS, OR OF THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR LEGALITY OF ANY STATEMENT MADE IN OR OMITTED FROM ANY advertisement, sponsorship, endorsement, testimonial, opinion, or other product-related or service-related statement or review appearing in the Websites or in ANY post or article distributed via the Websites.