Ladies and gentleman, the weekend.
Happy Saturday, Austin! I am your host Austin editor Meagan Falcon. Let's get this weekend started off right by starting off with everything you need to know.
First, today's weather: Humid and partly cloudy throughout the day. High: 90 Low: 74.
Sunday's weather: Some scattered showers and thunderstorms. High: 92 Low: 74.
Monday's weather: Isolated showers and partly cloudy throughout the day. High: 95 Low: 75.
Here are the top stories in Austin today:
- Texas Gov. Gregg Abbott readies resources as Hurricane Ida travels through the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. (Office of the Texas Governor)
- Tesla wants to sell power in Texas following grid failure. (The Hill)
- Austin PD Officer Indicted On 1st Degree Murder In 2019 Case (Austin Patch)
- 'I think I almost cried.' Above-average rent increases pricing renters out of Austin (KXAN.com)
- City of Austin requiring enhanced COVID-19 mitigation efforts for special events permits (KVUE.com)
- Remembering Nanci Griffith, the greatest Austin-raised singer-songwriter ever (Austin American-Statesman)
Today in Austin
- Jonathan Kite: Live In Austin (7 p.m.)
- dadageek Exhibition – Summer 2021 (7 p.m.)
- Hot Summer Nights 4 - DJ Zapot & The Golden Gogos Showcase at Empire Garage 8/28 (8:30 p.m.)
- Silent Party: Trap Wars (9 p.m.)
Austin Patch Notebook
- Austin ISD: "#AISDProud of Ruben Gonzales, groundskeeper who was at Brentwood ES mowing the field when he noticed a fifth-grade student was playing tetherball...
Read Full Story: https://patch.com/texas/downtownaustin/hurricane-ida-tesla-wants-sell-power-tx-atx-high-rent
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.