×
Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Fulvic acid – Ohio Ag Net - Ohio's Country Journal and Ohio Ag Net

Last updated Tuesday, January 4, 2022 18:39 ET , Source: NewsService

This article is from information gained from a book entitled Organic Soil Conditioning by Dr. William Jackson (958 pages), full of facts that are beneficial to agriculture. This information may help farmers cope with higher fertilize prices.

“Mother Nature” hates to waste soil nutrients so she designed two natural organic humic compounds to improve nutrient utilization. Fulvic acid has an open carbon structure that is a light weight compound (low molecular weight) with almost miraculous properties! It comes from lightly digested plant and microbial byproducts and is not just one carbon compound, its many varied compounds. Its composition is very similar all over the world, yet it differs slightly depending upon soils, plants, weather, microbes etc. Fulvic acid, over time gets degraded, digested, and transformed into Humic acid which has a denser and tighter carbon structure (high molecular weight). These two organic compounds (fulvic and humic acid) are full of essential soil nutrients, making soils fertile while improving plant growth and crop yields. This article will focus on Fulvic acid.

Fulvic acid is a chelator, which ties up short-term many important elements including nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K) plus calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg). Sulfur is tied up mainly by Humic acid. These elements plus carbon, oxygen, and hydron make up 98% of the essential plant elements needed for plant growth. Fulvic acid also chelates the other elements (2%) needed for...



Read Full Story: https://ocj.com/2022/01/fulvic-acid/

Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.