Unlock and Access Your Most Valuable SEO Data
Replace (not provided) with ALL of your organic keywords inside of Adobe & Google Analytics. Analyze performance by 400+ dimensions and metrics.
A competitive analysis is one of the most important pieces of work you’ll do, especially if you’re starting with a new client or employer.
It’s a vital component of a successful SEO strategy.
As SEO pros, how can we do our jobs if we don’t understand the lay of the land?
The knowledge we gain from a competitor analysis makes us much better, more informed consultants. It helps us pinpoint areas of opportunities and threats.
These are some of the questions that competitor analysis can help us answer.
Gaining context on the competitive landscape:
- What can we learn from our competitors?
- Why do we believe competitors rank well?
- What aren’t competitors doing that we can take advantage of?
Providing valuable business intelligence:
- Who are the most visible competitors? Is there a distinction between ‘traditional competitors’ and ‘SEO competitors’?
- Do they perform well for transactional or informational terms? Or both?
- Are competitors growing their brand awareness?
Showing what a competitor is doing better than you is one of the best ways to get stakeholder buy-in.
Need help getting started with your competitive analysis? I created a checklist with everything you need – and in this article, we’ll cover a comprehensive nine-step guide to conducting your own analysis.
Read Full Story: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/competitive-analysis-9-step-guide/460015/
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.