The daily schedule of a full-time food blogger, how Mike Johnson generates revenue for his blog, and what it was like to change content strategies on Mike Bakes NYC.
Welcome to episode 319 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Mike Johnson from Mike Bakes NYC about how he managed to transition to full-time blogging after running his successful Instagram account.From Attorney to Food Blogger
We’re so excited we had a chance to talk to Mike in today’s episode! He has a super interesting story; he went from attorney to full-time blogger after running an incredibly successful New York City food-focused Instagram account.
He’s on the show today to talk about what the process of transitioning to full-time blogger looked like, as well as how he runs his business and creates revenue for himself.
If you’re curious about what a day in the life of a full-time blogger looks like, or you’re interested in figuring out how to maximize your blog revenue, we know you’ll find some helpful nuggets of inspiration in this interview!In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Mike transitioned from attorney to online content creator
- What it was like to work with restaurants in New York City
- How he shifted the content focus on his blog and on social media
- When he knew he could create an income from his blog and social channels
- How he’s getting traffic to his blog
- How he shares his recipes on social media
- Why he’s happier working for himself and how his background has helped with his sponsor negotiations
- What his full-time blogging schedule looks like
- What it’s like working with an agency
- What roles Mike will hire for next
- What it’s like using Airsubs to host cooking classes to his audience
- How authenticity contributed to his growth
- Mike Bakes NYC
- Broma Bakery
- Mike’s cookbook, Even Better Brownies
- 308: Virtual Events – Earn an Income by Teaching Classes Online with Tomas Hoyos
- Smith and Saint
- Follow Mike on Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Read Food Blogger Pro member stories!
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to [email protected].
Learn more about joining the Food Blogger Pro community at foodbloggerpro.com/membership
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.