Understanding Google updates, effectively using Google Search Console, and getting the most out of ads on a food blog with Casey Markee from Media Wyse.
Welcome to episode 327 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Casey Markee, our FBP SEO Expert, about understanding the Google algorithm.Understanding the Google Algorithm
We’re so excited to welcome Food Blogger Pro expert Casey Markee back to the podcast today!
As our resident SEO wizard, he has helped countless FBP members out by answering their toughest SEO questions over the years. And at his company Media Wyse, Casey handles site audits for algorithm and rank issues, spammy structured markup actions, unnatural link issues for food blogs, and more.
In this episode, he’s chatting with Bjork all about what food bloggers need to know about the Google algorithm. You’ll hear Casey’s insights on how to understand Google updates, how to effectively use Google Search Console, how to get the most out of your ads, and more.
If you’re looking to increase your traffic, or you’re just curious and want to learn more about the Google algorithm, we know you’ll enjoy this interview!In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Casey got into the food blogging SEO space
- What Google’s Webmaster Guidelines are
- What Google Patents are
- How he learns about updates to the Google algorithm
- How updates to the algorithm help publishers
- What core updates are
- Why a recipe card can only be used for one individual recipe
- What manual actions are
- Why it’s so important to use Google Search Console
- What makes warnings and errors different
- How to analyze and understand traffic drops
- How the pandemic has affected traffic for food bloggers
- Why he thinks you shouldn’t put recipes in your recipe cards
- His advice for running ads on a food blog
- What teaser text is on food blogs
- Media Wyse
- Learn more about Casey’s audits at Media Wyse
- 322: Going All In – How Sarah Cook Went From 17k to 600k Monthly Pageviews
- Google Webmaster Guidelines
- SEO by the Sea
- Google Patents
- Google’s blog, The Keyword
- Google IO
- Yoast SEO
- Tasty Recipes
- WP Recipe Maker
- Create by Mediavine
- Google Search Console
- Analyzing Google Search Traffic Drops
- SEO for Publishers series
- SEO For Publishers Webinar Episode #15: Most Common WordPress Issues and Solutions
- Contact Casey on his website, Media Wyse, and on Facebook
- Check out the Food Blogger Pro YouTube channel (and subscribe while you’re there!)
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to [email protected].
Learn more about joining the Food Blogger Pro community at foodbloggerpro.com/membership
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.