The dual-clutch transmission market will likely thrive at a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period. The market is anticipated to cross a share of US$ 52.1 billion by 2033, while it holds a revenue of US$ 20.4 billion in 2023.
Request to Download Sample Report and Get Key Market Highlights:
Dual-clutch Transmission Market Trends:
- The market demand for dual clutch transmission rises with the companies adopting the latest pair of transmissions to be implemented in passenger and high-performance vehicles.
- Governments are building their automotive industry while expanding research and development programs for smoother, faster, and more efficient mobility. This fuels the sales of dual-clutch transmissions.
- The higher per capita income and the increased availability of reasonably priced passenger vehicles have pushed end users to rush to grab hands on the steering. Thus, advanced transmission systems such as dual-clutch systems help make the vehicle more premium.
- Authorities in some parts of the world make this type of transmission mandatory as it saves fuel and enhances the sustainability of automobiles.
“The dual-clutch transmission, often called DCT, is a cutting-edge automotive technology that offers seamless gear changes and improved fuel efficiency, making it a vital component in modern vehicles and shaping the future of automotive engineering.” Notes from the Future Market Insights research manager based on their recent study.
Key Points from the Market Research Report:
- The United States market for dual-clutch transmission holds the biggest market share and is expected to cross the biggest anticipated values of US$ 35500 million by 2033. The growth rate is rising for the US market as the market thrived at a lower CAGR of 7.1% between 2017 and 2022.
- The Indian market for dual-clutch transmission thrives at the highest CAGR of 26.5% during the forecast period, expecting revenue of US$ 18895.05 million by 2033. The regional market thrived at a slightly lower CAGR of 23.6% during the previous forecast period.
- The research report of FMI states that the dry clutch segment continues to lead the product type category with a CAGR of 9.1% between 2023 and 2033.
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicles segment thrived at a CAGR of 9.6% between 2023 and 2033, while the segment flourished at a higher CAGR of 10.0% between 2017 and 2022.
Purchase Now to Uncover Segment-specific Information and identify Key Trends, Drivers, and Challenges:
Companies operating in the dual-clutch transmission market focus on building trust and reliability between the technology provided and the end user. The lower chances of gearbox damage, faster gear shifts, and increased acceleration are some factors that transform the market dynamics. Thus, the user’s comfort, trust, and experience come first, while higher penetration ensured through MoU also helps make the market competition tight and performative.
Key players in the market are ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Getrag, BorgWarner Inc., Eaton, GKN Driveline, and Continental.
Recent Market Developments
- Indian tier-1 manufacturers of automotive components have developed indigenously built automated manual and dual-clutch transmissions. These systems are likely to be a part of the upcoming TATA motors.
- Magna International has secured business for installing next-generation hybrid dual-clutch transmission (HDT) and DCT, launching in 2025 with Mercedes-Benz.
Dual-clutch Transmission Market by Category
By Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
By Product Type:
- Dry Clutch
- Wet Clutch
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia & Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Nikhil Kaitwade (Associate Vice President at Future Market Insights, Inc.) has over a decade of experience in market research and business consulting. He has successfully delivered 1500+ client assignments, predominantly in Automotive, Chemicals, Industrial Equipment, Oil and gas, and Service industries.
His core competency circles around developing research methodology, creating a unique analysis framework, statistical data models for pricing analysis, competition mapping, and market feasibility analysis. His expertise extends wide and beyond analysis, advising clients on identifying growth potential in established and niche market segments, investment/divestment decisions, and market entry decision-making.
Nikhil holds an MBA degree in Marketing and IT and a Graduate in Mechanical Engineering. Nikhil has authored several publications and quoted in journals like EMS Now, EPR Magazine, and EE Times.
Explore Wide-ranging Coverage of Future Market Insights Automotive Landscape:
Hydrostatic Transmission Market Size revenue could surpass US$ 5.61 billion by 2033, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.1%.
EV Transmission System Market Demand Is currently valued at US$ 8799.9 million in 2023. By 2033, demand for EV transmission systems is expected to reach US$ 45282.3 million.
Automotive Cylinder Liner Market Growth will expand at a CAGR of 5.46% between 2023 and 2033, totaling around US$ 8,322.1 million by 2033.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer, Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: [email protected]
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube