What an exitpreneur is, why we're not able to run our businesses forever, and what factors to keep in mind when deciding to sell your business with Joe Valley.
Welcome to episode 321 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Joe Valley about making a great exit and maximizing your profits when selling a business.The EXITpreneur’s Playbook
When it comes down to it, we’re not able to run our businesses forever. And most business owners wait to sell until they’re exhausted and emotionally rundown, and by that time, it’s too late to have a great exit.
Enter: Joe Valley! After facilitating nearly half a billion dollars in exits, Joe has written the bestselling book, “The EXITpreneur’s Playbook” to help online business owners get the maximum value and best deal structure possible when selling their businesses.
Even if you’re not quite ready to sell your own business, this interview will show you what areas to focus on to create a successful pathway to your own eventual exit.In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What an exitpreneur is
- Why it’s important to be on top of your financials
- What the difference is between a CPA and a bookkeeper
- Why it’s important to consider risk, transferability, documentation, and growth when deciding to sell
- Why you need to have specific goals in mind when it comes to selling your business
- What SKUs are
- What the transition period looks like after selling a business
- What most people do after selling a business
- The EXITpreneur’s Playbook
- Read the first three chapters of The EXITpreneur’s Playbook for free!
- Quiet Light
- The Quiet Light Podcast
- 32: Buying & Selling Websites with Mark Daoust from Quiet Light
- Puerto Rico’s Tax Incentive Code
- 176: Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers with Chris Guthrie
- Follow Joe on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Check out the Food Blogger Pro YouTube channel (and subscribe while you’re there!)
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to [email protected].
Learn more about joining the Food Blogger Pro community at foodbloggerpro.com/membership
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.