Improving your food photography skills, getting a cookbook deal, and focusing on SEO with Emma Duckworth from Emma Duckworth Bakes.
Welcome to episode 333 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Emma Duckworth from Emma Duckworth Bakes about how she’s grown her blog by focusing on SEO.Serving Your Audience
SEO: love it or hate it, it’s undoubtedly an important area for food bloggers to focus their time and energy on. And that’s why we’re chatting about it with Emma Duckworth in this episode!
This year, Emma decided to double down on her blog and hired a mentor to help her out with SEO. You’ll hear how she used the avatar exercise to understand her audience, how she optimized her homepage and recipe categories, and what she’s doing to focus on SEO moving forward.
It’s a fantastic interview that will encourage you to reflect on your own SEO strategy. We hope you enjoy it!In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Emma got into food photography and food blogging
- How she grew her food photography skills
- What steps she took to strategically grow her Instagram account
- How she started getting her first sponsored work
- What she learned from the cookbook writing process
- Why she decided to double down on her blog
- How she hired a mentor to help her out with SEO
- How she used the avatar exercise to understand her audience
- How she optimized her blog’s homepage and categories
- How she identified and optimized her top-performing posts
- How she has started doing keyword research
- Why she and her husband decided to launch a street coffee business
- What she’s focusing her attention on moving forward
- Emma Duckworth Bakes
- Order Emma’s cookbook, Simply Sweet Nostalgic Bakes
- Dear Coco Street Coffee
- Foodtography School
- This American Life
- Well Seasoned Studio
- Foolproof Living
- The Feast Plugin
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Growth University
- Follow Emma on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Check out the Food Blogger Pro YouTube channel (and subscribe while you’re there!)
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to [email protected].
Learn more about joining the Food Blogger Pro community at foodbloggerpro.com/membership
Your content is great. However, if any of the content contained herein violates any rights of yours, including those of copyright, please contact us immediately by e-mail at media[@]kissrpr.com.